Commission Meeting Minutes October-4-2021
October 4, 2021
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
- The Barton County Commission met and opened their meeting with the pledge of allegiance.
- Jeff Tucker moved to accept the minutes of the September 27, 2021 meeting as read. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed.
- Approved October Expenditures
- Approved Monthly Reports – County Clerk and Recorder of Deeds
- A discussion was held on the purchase of a brushcutter attachment. The attachment was ordered.
- Information was received from the Sheriff’s Department that Michael VanKirk was hired on September 19, 2021 as jailer supervisor. His rate of pay will be $12.50 per hour. Johnny Bray was hired as a reserve deputy on September 17, 2021 at a rate of $14.00 per hour.
- County Commission met with Tonya Potter, Dispatch Director, and discussed dispatchers. The County will continue to pay overtime wages instead of comp time for the current pay period.
- County Commission met with Elaine Davis, 4-H Specialist and several members of Barton County 4-H Clubs. The Commission signed a proclamation proclaiming October 3-9 as National 4-H Week.