Commission Meeting Minutes Nov. 28, 2022
NOVEMBER 28, 2022
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
The Barton County Commission opened their meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ben Reed moved to accept the minutes of the November 21, 2022, meeting as read. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed.
- Approved Liquor License – Metta Movement
- Approved November Expenditures.
- Motions were made by Jeff Tucker to approve the following paid holidays for 2023. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed.
- Jan. 2 – New Year’s Day Observed
- Jan. 16 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Feb. 13 – Lincoln’s Birthday
- Feb. 20 – Washington’s Birthday Observed
- May 8 – Truman’s Birthday
- June 19 – Juneteenth Holiday
- July 4 – Independence Day
- Sept. – 4 Labor Day
- Nov. 10 – Veterans Day Observed
- Nov. 23-24 Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec. 25 – Christmas
- Bids were opened for Single Audit for year ending 12-31-2022. One Bid was received from STOPP & VanHoy CPA’s & Business Advisors LLC for 18,500. Jeff Tucker moved to accept their bid. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed.
- Met with Dave Stout and discussed Tornado sirens inside the City Limits of Lamar. In order for the county to control. Setting them off with the rest of the counties, a frequency change is needed. Dave will talk to A&W Communications About this problem and how to connect the two together.