Commission Meeting Minutes Nov-23-2020
November 23, 2020
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
- Jeff Tucker moved to accept the minutes of the November 9, 2020, meeting as read. Mike Davis seconded and all agreed.
- Jeff Tucker moved to accept the minutes of the November 16, 2020, meeting as read. Mike Davis seconded and all agreed.
- Approved November Expenditures
- County Commission met with Joel Dermott, Barton County Health Department. He gave an update on COVID-19.
- County Commission met with Mary Miller, Davis Insurance. She gave updates on health insurance costs for 2021. There will be a 5.9% increase in premiums.
- Ben Reed motioned to go into closed session pursuant to RSMo Chapter 610.021 (1) to discuss legal actions with Travis Elliott, lawyer via phone pertaining to CARES Act Funds. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed. Mike Davis, yes; Ben Reed, yes and Jeff Tucker, yes. Joel Dermott was then asked to join in on the call. No votes were taken.
- Jeff Tucker motioned to return to regular session. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed. Mike Davis, yes; Ben Reed, yes and Jeff Tucker, yes.
- County Commission met with Aspen Williams, Great River Engineering. Right-of-Way documents were signed on BRO-B006 (21) on NW 45th Ln in Union Township.
- County Commission met with Todd Robertson and discussed driving the roads of Nashville Township this week.
- Holidays for 2021 were approved as follows:
- Jan 1 – New Years Day,
- Jan 18 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day,
- Feb 12 – Lincoln’s Birthday,
- Feb 15 – Washington’s Birthday,
- May 7 – Truman’s Birthday,
- May 31 – Memorial Day,
- Jul 5 – Independence Day (observed),
- Sept 6 – Labor Day,
- Oct 11 – Columbus Day,
- Nov 11 – Veteran’s Day,
- Nov 25-26 Thanksgiving Holiday and
- Dec 24 – Christmas Holiday
Present were: Mike Davis, Presiding Commissioner; Ben Reed, District One Commissioner; Jeff Tucker, District Two Commissioner and Kristina Crockett, County Clerk