Commission Meeting Minutes Nov-12-2019
November 12, 2019
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
- Ben Reed moved to accept the minutes of the November 4, 2019 meeting as read. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed.
- Approved November Expenditures
- Approved Monthly Reports – Collector and Public Administrator
- County Commission signed a revised Engagement Letter for legal representation with Edgar Law Firm LLC to represent Barton County on opioid litigation.
- County Commission met with Joe Davis and Jeff Clements. They gave updates on the Memorial Park.
- County Commission met with Mike Smalley, Prosecuting Attorney; Rusty Rives, Lamar Police Chief; Mitch Shaw, Sheriff; Russ Worsley, Lamar City Administrator and county jailers and discussed the housing of female prisoners at the jail.
- County Commission signed a contract with Doylesport Township to extend them up to $14,000.00 interest free to be used on road maintenance. Any funds extended are to be repaid within 24 months.
- County Commission met with Tonya Potter, Dispatch Director, and discussed updating computers, radios, monitors and etc. for dispatch. She gave the Commission different estimates for this. She will look at pricing of leasing this equipment and report back to the Commission.