Commission Meeting Minutes June-1- 2021
June 1, 2021
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO. Ben Reed moved to accept the minutes of the May 24, 2021 meeting as read. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed.
- Approved May Expenditures
- Approved time sheets to be paid on Friday, June 4, 2021
- Approved Liquor License – El Caballo De Oro
- Lance Butler, County IT, received notice that as of the end of July, Kansas Communications will no longer support our phone system. They have submitted a quote to replace our current system. Lance will reach out to Net Vision for a quote also.
- County Commission appointed Mary Kuhn to the Barton County Library Board. Her term will expire in June 2025.
- County Commission appointed the following to the SB40 Board (County Development Disability Resource):
- One year terms expiring June 2022 – Delores Montarye, Aimee O’Sullivan and Debbie Garrett
- Two year terms expiring June 2023 – Dale Huber, Kari Worsley and Jerry Marti
- Three year terms expiring June 2024 – Scott Castle, Amy Neher and Judd Chesnut
- Ben Reed moved to approve the Notice of Decision and authorize the Distribution Agreement between the County and the following: J Dawg’s Turf. Jeff Tucker seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Ben Reed moved to approve the Notice of Decision and authorize the Distribution Agreement between the County and the following: County of Barton. Jeff Tucker seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- County Commission met with John Simpson, Sheriff. He is down to three deputies and they are working overtime on a regular basis. The County Commission approved for them to be paid for their overtime hours during the current pay period instead of earning comp time. The rate will be calculated on their base pay. The County Commission will review this in four weeks.
Present were: Mike Davis, Presiding Commissioner; Ben Reed, District One Commissioner; Jeff Tucker, District Two Commissioner and Kristina Crockett, County Clerk