Commission Meeting Minutes July-1-2019
July 1, 2019
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
Ben Reed moved to accept the minutes of the June 24, 2019 meeting as read. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed.
- Approved July Expenditures
- Approved Monthly Reports – Assessor, Circuit Clerk, Public Administrator and Recorder of Deeds
- Approved time sheets to be paid on Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Approved Liquor Licenses – Wal-Mart (2) and Burgess State Line Road General Store (2)
- Ben Reed motioned to close the Courthouse on Friday, July 5, 2019 and extend the Independence Day Holiday. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed.
- Depository bids were opened with two bids being received. One from Community National Bank and one from Lamar Bank & Trust. The County Commission held a discussion on the bids and Ben Reed motioned to accept the Lamar Bank & Trust bid. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed.
- County Commission met with Julie Ziebert, MoDot, and discussed BRO-B006 (21) Bridge #0300009 NW 45t Ln in Union Township. Paperwork was signed for this and the Commission will contact Jason Sivils, Great River Engineering, and hold a conference call between them and Julie. Jason will send the Engineering Services Contract as soon as possible.
- Information was received from Mike Smalley, Prosecuting Attorney, that Liane Christina Ayers was hired on July 1, 2019 at a pay rate of $10.00 per hour.
- Information was received from the Sheriff’s Department that Fernando Ramos was hired as a part-time jailer on June 10, 2019 at a pay rate of $8.00 per hour. Also that Vernon Ring had resigned his position as a deputy on June 28, 2019.
- A walk-thru for potential bidders for the hospital demolition will be held on Monday, July 8, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at the hospital building at 2nd and Gulf Streets.