Commission Meeting Minutes January-22-2019
January 22, 2019
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
- Jeff Tucker moved to accept the minutes of the January 17, 2019 meeting as read. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed.
- Approved January Payroll
- County Commission met with Shaen Rooney, Liberty Utilities, and discussed the signing of an agreement next week.
- Information was received from the Sheriff’s Department that Jimmy Dale Fast had resigned his position as a part-time dispatcher on January 18, 2019.
- County Commission met with Randy Vilela to discuss the old hospital building. In June 2018 the Commission sent out several letters seeking proposals for a firm to manage and put together a bid package for remediation and demolition of our old hospital located at 2md and Gulf Sts. In Lamar, MO. We received a couple of inquiries but were unable to procure a firm to do this. After more discussion with Randy, Ben Reed motioned to hire Randy Vilela to oversee remediation of the building. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed. The fee paid to Randy for the project with be determined at a later date.
- Information was received from Golden City Township that Gene Harris had resigned his position on the township board and that the board recommended Wayne Nichols as a board member. The Commission approved their recommendation.
- The 2019 Budget was approved as follows:
|Road and Bridge Fund||$1,567,630.00|
|911 Emergency Services Fund||$163,487.56|
|Law Enforcement Sales Tax Fund||$747,756.45|
|All other Funds||$794,681.43|
Present were: Mike Davis, Presiding Commissioner; Ben Reed, District One Commissioner; Jeff Tucker, District Two Commissioner and Kristina Crockett, County Clerk