Commission Meeting Minutes Dec-28-2020
December 28, 2020
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
Jeff Tucker moved to accept the minutes of the December 21, 2020, meeting as read. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed.
- Approved December Expenditures
- County Commission met with Joel Dermott, Barton County Health Department. He gave an update on COVID-19.
- The County Commission will have a walk-thru inspection of the Jail on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- County Commission met with Mike Smalley, Prosecuting Attorney. He gave the Commission information on a road in Lamar Township that the owner needed to clean up. He also asked if he could have a full-time prosecutor position put on the April 2021 ballot. The Commission will let him know Wednesday, December 30, 2020.
- A September 1, 2020 the valuation of the County of Barton was certified at $193,845,960.00. This level of valuation, as prescribed by law, sets all county officials salaries at the following to begin at each officials incumbency date:
- Presiding Commissioner, $30,261.00 (Jan 1)
- District One Commissioner, $28,201.00 (Jan 1)
- District Two Commissioner, $28,201.00 (Jan 1)
- County Clerk, $42,730.00 (Jan 1)
- Collector/Treasurer, $42,730.00 (Apr 1)
- Recorder of Deeds, $42,730.00 (Jan 1)
- Assessor, $42,730.00 (Sept 1)
- Sheriff, $47,350.00 (Jan 1)
- Prosecuting Attorney, $51,470.00 (Jan 1)
- Coroner, $14,390.00 (Jan 1)
- Public Administrator, $42,730.00 (Jan 1)
- Next meeting of the Salary Commission will be fall 2021.
Present were: Mike Davis, Presiding Commissioner; Ben Reed, District One Commissioner; Jeff Tucker, District Two Commissioner and Kristina Crockett, County Clerk