Commission Meeting Minutes Aug-5-2019
August 5, 2019
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
Ben Reed moved to accept the minutes of the July 29, 2019 meeting as read. Mike Davis seconded and all agreed.
- Approved August Expenditures
- Approved July Payroll
- Approved Monthly Reports – Assessor, Circuit Clerk, Collectors Monthly Settlement, County Clerk, Public Administrator and Recorder of Deeds
- A discussion was held on the wind farm project. Jennifer Ryan, Landowner, met with the Commission concerning questions and information she had gathered about the effects of the wind farms.
- Gene Lathrop met with the Commission. A Notice to Proceed was given to him for NW 50th Road Bridge.
- Tax Levey hearing was held. Ben Reed moved to set the rate for 2019 tax period the same as last year. $.05 per $100 valuation. Mike Davis seconded and all agreed.
- The Commission reviewed the tax established on October 1, 1991 for the E911 Emergency Service for Barton County and that rate will be the amount not to exceed 15% of the tariffed local service rate of $.75 per access line per month whichever is greater and shall be imposed in all portions of the county.
- The County adopted the Code of Ethics as required by law for Barton County.
- Motion was made by Mike Davis to continue to opt out of SB960 as provided for by law allowing all political sub divisions of Barton County to continue calculating a single tax rate for all real estate property. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed. Mike Davis, yes; Ben Reed, yes and Jeff Tucker was absent.
- An informational meeting was held with Tenaska and Townships on the Road Use Maintenance Agreement.
Present were: Mike Davis, Presiding Commissioner; Ben Reed, District One Commissioner and Kristina Crockett, County Clerk
Jeff Tucker, District Two Commissioner was absent