Commission Meeting Minutes Aug-16-2021
August 16, 2021
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
Jeff Tucker moved to accept the minutes of the August 9, 2021 meeting as read. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed.
- Approved August Expenditures
- Approved Monthly Reports – Sheriff and Collector
- County Commission met with Gordon Godfrey and Joe Davis, Barton County Memorial Park Board, and discussed the air conditioner unit that went out at the Memorial Park Building. The Board agreed to pay half on the purchase of a new unit.
- County Commission signed the Enhanced Enterprise Zone ordinance between the City of Lamar and the County.
- Tax Levy Hearing was held. Jeff Tucker moved to set the rate for 2021 tax period to $.1175 per $100 valuation. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed. Mike Davis, yes; Ben Reed, yes and Jeff Tucker, yes.
- County Commission reviewed the tax established on October 1, 1991 for the E911 Emergency Service for Barton County and that rate will be the amount not to exceed 15% of the tariffed local service rate of .75 per access line per month whichever is greater and shall be imposed in all portions of the county.
- The County adopted the Code of Ethics as required by law for the County.
- Motion was made by Jeff Tucker to continue to opt out of SB960 as provided for by law allowing all political sub divisions of Barton County to continue calculating a single tax rate for all real estate property. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed. Mike Davis, yes; Ben Reed, yes and Jeff Tucker, yes.