Commission Meeting Minutes 12-20-21
December 20, 2021
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
- The Barton County Commission met and opened their meeting with the pledge of allegiance.
- Jeff Tucker moved to accept the minutes of the December 13, 2021 meeting as read. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed.
- Approved December Expenditures
- Approved December Payroll
- Approved Liquor License – Shrine Uniformed Units
- A discussion was held on the mulcher and skid steer quotes received through state bid pricing. It was decided to contact Murphy Tractor, Springfield, MO for the mulcher and skid steer. Total value of $112,913.00 for a John Deere skid steer and a Diamond Drum mulcher. Sales Rep Steve Dopp will be at the next Commission meeting to finalize the purchase.
- County Commission met with Sheriff John Simpson and discussed the quotes he had received from Motorola for radio communication equipment. Nine in car radios, nine in car repeaters and twelve portable radios for officers, installation and programming with dispatch. Jeff Tucker moved to purchase the MOSWIN radios with ARPA money. Ben Reed seconded and all agreed. Motion carried.
- Information was received from Dispatch Director Tina Byers that Sue Casey was not resigning as planned on December 22, 2021. Also that Patrick Mullikin was hired as a full time dispatcher on December 13, 2021. His rate of pay will be $10.00 per hour.